Wednesday, January 21, 2009

(re)discovering the wig

since my grandma wore a wig every day of her life (that i can remember), i always thought of them as something you wear when you're bald or nearly bald. i also thought they were extremely ugly, but my mind is being changed more and more every day. it started about 3 weeks ago when i went in the bss to get some kinky twist hair for my sister and i saw this really cute red and black bob. there is NO WAY i'm cutting my hair, but i thought shorter hair might be a welcome change, so the other day i went back in and tried it on. that one didn't work out for me, but i bought two others, one that i'm realllly in love with. well needless to say, i'm a wig junkie now. i've spent a lot of the past two days on hairsisters.com and gmbshair.com looking at new full and half wigs, and on LHCF and BHM looking at other styles on people and wig regimens. i think this could really work for me...i mean, it sure is cheaper and less damaging than sew-ins. here is my fave, it's the "baru" by bobbi boss.

i soaked it in ACV trying to get rid of the shine, kinda like i do with braid hair, but it didn't really work. i have also read that sprinkling powder on it works, so i guess i'll try that tomorrow. if nothing else, it will fade over time. i bought some hats to go with it too, and my head was EXTRA toasty today:my next step is to look into some half wigs, since they seem more realistic and i can use all my favorite headbands with them. check out this one that i saw on gmbs, "tammy" by outre:

i like the big hair, teyana taylor look, and plus these are easier to blend than the straight hair ones. i'm so excited!

1 comment:

yours truly said...

great choice for a wig girl. suits you really well. i wanna find me a nice natural looking one myself.