Tuesday, April 14, 2009

what's your affirmation?

I have often seen women on LHCF with affirmations in their signature, and recently I discovered that just reaffirming the things you are doing is worth it. Specifically related to hair care, if you are trying to grow long healthy hair, TELL YOURSELF! Stuff like "this isn't gonna work" or "I don't know why I am trying this, my hair never gets past SL" won't do anything but aggravate you. Here's what I do:
  • regularly look at my old fotki pics
  • look at the progress made by some of my hair idols, such as BrockStar and GoingNatural
  • look for inspirational threads and hair tips from those who are where I want to be
  • tell myself this stuff IS working!
My top affirmation has been this: if hair grows about 1/2" a month, that means every 2 weeks I am gaining at least a quarter inch of growth. All I have to do is worry about retaining it, and the amount of sheer moisture that I provide to my hair means this isn't an issue. There are plenty of better-worded affirmations, that's just what works for me. If you are just starting out, thinking about transitioning, or rebounding from a setback, try this and see where you stand a month from now. All we can do is take it a day at a time!

Here are some inspirational threads that I like to look at. HHG!
WANTED: Progress Pics: After the BC...
BSL and Waist Length Naturals...links here!
Old pictures of your "Damaged Hair" (for motivation)

No comments: